Coming In The August 2017 Issue Of Drum
On The Cover: Thomas Lang
After witnessing one of Lang’s incendiary clinics, every drummer wants to know how to achieve his hand-spinning level of four-way independence. In this ten-day lesson plan, the world-renowned drummer and educator shows readers how to get started.
- Catching Up With Jeff “Tain” Watts: The acclaimed jazz drummer chalked up a long and impressive string of solo albums and sideman dates since leaving the Branford Marsalis Quartet in 2009. Fortunately, Watts agreed to slow down for a couple minutes to talk about his most recent ones.
- 10 Ways To Sound Like Jeff Porcaro: We outline the various attributes and influences that combined to make the late, great drummer one of the most recorded session players in the Los Angeles scene during the latter half of the 20th century.
- 2017 Hardware Gear Guide: Our popular Gear Guide series continues with a thorough overview of the newest stands, racks, and pedals introduced in 2017, grouped into common-sense categories, and fleshed out with specs, photos, pricing, and expert commentary.
- How To Add Toms To Your Groove: Andy Ziker explains how to add different colors and contours to your favorite beats by integrating toms strategically.
- Arthur Lipner: Juggling five active projects at once, this vibraphonist’s career has spanned three decades, nearly 50 albums, and a constant rotation of worldwide tours.
- Know Your Polar Patterns: Before you can properly mike-up your kit, either on stage or in the studio, you need to know how the microphones you plan to use actually pick up sounds. DRUM! to the rescue.
- Kid Millions
- Will Dorsey of Body Count
- Ludwig Evolution Maple Drums
- Sabian Artisan Elite Cymbals
- Advertising reservations due by June 2, 2017
- Advertising materials due by June 9, 2017
- Issue on sale July 11, 2017