Coming In The February 2018 Issue Of Drum
***This issue will receive bonus distribution at the Winter NAMM Show!***
On the Cover: Ronnie Vanucci
Things slowed to a crawl for The Killers after 2012, as lead singer Brandon Flowers explored a solo career and Vanucci released an album with his own side project. But now that the rockers are back with a new set of songs and busy itinerary, Vanucci explains how a tiny hidden Las Vegas studio helped it all come back together.
- Dave Elitch Tells The Truth: Though he has played with such notable acts as The Mars Volta, Miley Cyrus, and Juliette Lewis, Elitch’s heart is in drum education, and in this article he offers advice about developing technique, learning from the greats, and fostering your own sound.
- 10 Drumming Myths That Must Die!: From “no pain no gain” to “it’s all in the wrist,” we debunk some of the most common misconceptions about drumming to set the record straight and help our reader play better, faster.
- 2017 Drummies! Gear Award Winners: The readers of Drum magazine choose the winners and runners up for the most popular drums, cymbals, heads, hardware, sticks, percussion and other sumptuous gear that hit the market last year.
Hand Drum – Walfredo Reyes Jr.: Following in his father’s footsteps, Reyes Jr. proves he is equally versed behind a hand percussion rig with Chicago as he was manning a drum kit with the likes of Santana and Steve Winwood.
- Tracking Drums At Home For Fun & Profit: We go inside the pro-level home studio owned by Blair Sinta — who made his name with such artists as Alanis Morrisette, Annie Lennox, and Stevie Nicks — to learn how he developed a busy home tracking business.
- Licks That Launched The Bonham Legacy: Note-perfect transcriptions and expert analysis of some of the groundbreaking drum parts John Bonham performed on Led Zeppelin’s eponymous debut album.
- Leah Shapiro of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
- Ralph Nader & Harvey Thompson of BYOS
- Yamaha Tour Custom Drums
- Vic Firth Signature Sticks
- Advertising reservations due by November 17, 2017
- Advertising materials due by November 24, 2017
- Issue on sale January 9, 2018