On the Cover
Focus on “A Guide to Competitions”
- Performance Competitions: The Player’s Perspective.
- Performance Competitions: The Judges’ Perspective.
- Performance Competitions: The Audience Perspective.
Features and Departments
- It Was 50 Years Ago Today: How the Beatles launched a string-playing revolution.
- Lawrence Power on the power of the viola.
- Prison Song: Benning Violins sponsors a string program for inmates in Baja, Mexico.
- Ask the Expert: How to get rid of unwanted bow bugs.
- What’s in the Case: Ask Rachel Barton Pine.
- First Person: A high school instructor discovers the power of Baroque music.
- Reviews: Music & Arts releases a 15-CD box set of Haydn string quartets featuring the Schneider Quartet.
- Advertising reservations due by March 20, 2015
- Advertising materials due by March 27, 2015
- Issue on sale May 12, 2015