Ukulele Magazine Spring 2018 Issue Preview
**Bonus Distribution at 2018 Winter NAMM, ASTA, Palm Strings Uke Fest, Reno Ukulele Festival!**
Special Focus: Strings & Accessories
- Accessories are Necessities: String basics, what’s up with the different kinds of strings and what’s new? Plus, a look at some of the pieces of gear that can help make playing ukulele fabulous.
- The amazing design of vintage string packaging
Features and Departments
- Get the Blues: Lil’ Rev on how learning to play like Lead Belly will make you a better ukulele player, with a lesson and music to play
- Raiatea Helm: With a powerful voice and a deep love of the ukulele, Helm carries the torch for modern Hawaiian music.
- Music to Play: James Hill’s new Duets for One and an amazing solo arrangement of “Hapa Haole Hula Girl” by the Sweet Hollywaiians
- Lessons: Jim D’Ville on the Circle of Fifths, Daniel Ward teaches the flamenco rhumba strum
- Events: Workshops, festivals, cruises, tours, and more ukulele events for March, April, May, and June
- Reviews of the latest ukulele music, books, and videos
- Gear Guru: Why Won’t My Uke Play In-Tune?
- Gear Reviews: Fender’s full new line of California Coast Series ukuleles and the newly re-released Ovation Ukulele
- Great Ukes: “Music Self-Played is Happiness Self-Made,” the iconic Harold Teen ukulele
- Advertising reservations due by November 24, 2017
- Advertising materials due by December 1, 2017
- Issue on sale January 23, 2018
*subject to change