On the Cover
Fresh from his Grammy Awards victory, Jason Vieaux discusses his latest project, an album of duets with harpist extraordinaire Yolanda Kondonassis, and more.
Focus on “Lutherie & Products”
- Italian guitar maker Gioachino Giussani turns out magnificent instruments from his workshop in a medieval Tuscan hilltown.
- For more than five decades, the Pimentel family, originally from Mexico, has been crafting beautiful guitars in the American Southwest.
- Writer Guy Traviss profiles British guitar-maker Peter Beer, noted for his early use of eco-friendly materials.
Features and Departments
- Christopher Parkening: Writer Mark Small talks to one of the most admired and successful guitarists the U.S. has ever produced about highlights of his career and the prestigious guitar competition that bears his name.
- Joaquin Rodrigo: Three stories celebrate the career of Spain’s greatest 20th century composer.
- Maurice Summerfield, founder and managing editor of Classical Guitar, reflects on his long career in music and publishing with long-time CG writer Thérèse Wassily Saba.
- Southern California guitarist Ben Woods manages to balance flamenco artistry with a penchant for heavy metal rock—played on classical guitar. Writer October Crifasi gets the scoop.
- Reverberations: Giocomo Fiore rhapsodizes about one of Pierre Boulez’s most challenging masterworks.
- Keepers of the Flamenco: Jason Webster on Female Flamenco Guitarists.
- Guitar Review: The Córdoba F7 “Paco” model is put through its paces by Adam Perlmutter.
- Advertising reservations due by April 3, 2015
- Advertising materials due by April 10, 2015
- Issue on sale May 26, 2015