On the Cover
Anne Akiko Meyers
Special Focus: Contemporary Instruments & Bows
- Luthiers on wood selection (Jonathan Cooper, David Folland, Collin Gallahue, Paul Crowley)
- VMSA (Violin Making School of America) journal
- Virtues of a carbon-fiber bow (CodaBow, Arcus)
Features and Departments
- Anne Akiko Meyers on commissioning Mason Bates concerto.
- Four soloists who have turned to conducting.
- Terry King on Piatigorsky’s Legacy.
- Your Instrument: cracks and open seams.
- Ask the Expert: Electric Violin (wood choice).
- What’s in the Case: Pieter Wispelwey.
- Master Class: Haydn Lark Quartet.
- Strings 101: Spiccato Repurp.
- Advertising reservations due by January 15, 2016
- Advertising materials due by January 22, 2016
- Issue on sale March 8, 2016