**Bonus Distribution At The 2017 Chicago Drum Show!**
Coming In The May 2017 Issue Of Drum:
The Fastest Way To Get Faster
One of the web’s most popular drum instructors, Jared Falk of drumeo.com, guides readers through an exclusive lesson series to help them radically boost their bpms in just ten days!
- 2017 Drum Set Gear Guide: Our popular Gear Guide series launches with a thorough overview of the new kits introduced for 2017, grouped into common-sense categories, and fleshed out with specs, photos, pricing, and expert commentary.
- Marcus Gilmore: Roy Haynes’ grandson is now well established as one of leading jazz drummers of his generation. We pick his brain to get a sense for where the genre is headed and how he’s pushing that envelope.
- 19 Reasons Why We Love Charlie Watts: While it’s easy to identify what makes today’s chops monsters great, it’s more difficult to put your finger on exactly why the Rolling Stones’ veteran groover is so damn good. We break it down.
- Donald Knaack: He’s known as “The Junkman” for good reasons. This graduate of the Manhattan School Of Music pounds out music on hubcaps, saw blades, and buckets to make remarkably compelling music.
- Drum Microphone Prepack Roundup: We compare and contrast drum microphone sets from CAD Audio, Miktek, Shure, Audix, Electro-Voice, Beyerdynamic, Samson, Telefunken, Earthworks, and more — all assembled to make the lives of drummers easier.
- Paul Deakin of The Mavericks
- Tikyra Jackson of Southern Avenue
- Doc Sweeney Walnut Kit
- Zildjian K Custom Dry Cymbals
- DW MCD Pedal
- Clyde Stubblefield’s Hot Licks: In honor of the recently deceased funk legend, we transcribe and analyze some of Stubblefield’s most memorable performances.
- Advertising reservations due by February 24, 2017
- Advertising materials due by March 3, 2017
- Issue on sale April 18, 2017