Coming In The November 2017 Issue Of Drum
**Special Touring Issue!**
- Charlie Benante & Justin Foley Tour Talk: We sit down at San Francisco’s legendary Fillmore Auditorium with the drummers from Anthrax and Killswitch Engage, push the “record” button, and let them expound on tips and tricks learned while on tour.
- On The Road With AFI: Adam Carson flops open his diary to give us a taste of reality while on the tour bus with AFI for a week, taking us through venues, sound checks, hotel rooms, and coffee bars along the way.
- 16 Things To Ask First: Touring might seem like a dream to aspiring drummers, but it’s actually a business. Unless you treat it like one, you’re bound to get burned, so ask these questions to make sure you’re covered.
- Get On The Bus: Otep Drummer Justin Kier gives us a photojournalistic tour through the band’s tour bus after pulling into Nashville to play at the Exit/In. It’s not as glamorous as neophytes might think.
- Creature Comforts: You don’t want to pack too much, but you definitely don’t want to go without. Here’s what to bring to survive the choreographed chaos of touring.
- Crisis Management: Whether for a gear emergency or minor health issue, you must have the right tools at your disposal, especially out in the middle of nowhere on a bus.
- Thomas Towers & Carl Julig: Five Alarm Funk wears its priorities on its sleeve, putting the drummers in the front and the rest of the band in the back.
- A Drummer’s Recording Glossary: Nobody wants to sound like a novice in the studio, so we list the terms and provide definitions needed to communicate like a pro.
- Beyond The Boogaloo: Many young drummers play various permutations of this beat without even knowing it. We delve into its glories.
- Jim Eno of Spoon
- Ralph Nader & Harvey Thompson of BYOS
- Hendrix Ply Kit
- Stagg Genghis Cymbals
- Remo Felt Tone and Classic Fit Heads
- Advertising reservations due by August 18, 2017
- Advertising materials due by August 25, 2017
- Issue on sale October 10, 2017