Special Focus: Stores that Do More
We kick off the new year by highlighting community-minded music retailers that go beyond simply selling instruments—shops that help unite musicians and music lovers alike while giving back to the community.
Features and Departments
- Paul Simon has had a creative hand in some of the most beloved songs of the 20th century. In this feature lesson, Adam Levy goes deep on Simon’s sophisticated, evocative acoustic work—with Garfunkel and on his own.
- Guitar Talk: Roots and blues master Eric Bibb on the process and inspiration behind his new 2-CD set, Global Griot
- A look back at how Hawaiian music changed popular music of the 20th century while paving the way for the guitar explosion that swept the US in the 1920s
- Fingerstyle Revivalist: We check in with Tompkins Square label owner Josh Rosenthal
- Weekly Workout: Jamie Stillway shows how to get creative with Travis picking
- The Basics: Gretchen Menn demystifies the blues scale
- Here’s How: Paul Mehling on how to make good progress on the guitar
- Ask the Expert: Mamie Minch gets to the truth behind fretboard oil
- Songs: Simon & Garfunkel’s “50 Ways to Leave Your Lover,” Led Kaapana’s “Radio Hula,”
- Gear Reviews: the Alvarez-Yairi Honduran DYM60HD, Guild B-240E and Jumbo Junior acoustic bass guitars, Fishman Matrix Infinity Mic Blend system, and more
- Mixed Media: New releases from Tyler Grant and Robin Kessinger, Hot Rize, and more!
- Advertising reservations due by October 12, 2018
- Advertising materials due by October 19, 2018
- Issue on sale December 4, 2018
*subject to change