Special Focus: The Guitar as Chamber Instrument
- Guitar + String Quartets: A History (by noted scholar/teacher Kevin Garry)
- The Guitar and Other Instruments: Guitarists and composers discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the guitar in varying chamber situations
Features and Departments:
- On the cover: Ana Vidovic—The Croatian guitarist talks about her road from child prodigy to being a top international touring artist
- View from the Front Row: Innovative South African guitarist Derek Gripper
- David Leisner: An exclusive excerpt from his important new book, Playing with Ease: A Healthy Approach to Guitar Technique, plus an interview
- Mak Grgic: A profile of the adventurous young Slovenian guitarist and his work with EuroStrings.
- The Modern Relevance of Agustín Barrios: Mark Small and Graham Wade offer perspectives on the legendary Paraguayan guitarist/composer
- Method: Rhayn Jooste dives into the intricacies of Tárrega’s Leyenda (Asturias)
- Plus: Classical Guitar News; Music to Play; album, sheet music and live performance reviews; Festival & Competition listings; and much more!
- Advertising reservations due by January 5, 2019
- Advertising materials due by January 12, 2019
- Issue on sale February 27, 2019
*subject to change