**Bonus Distribution: Winter NAMM 2020
Special Focus: Uke on Film!
The ukulele has turned up in a surprising number of movies through the years. Sandor Nagyzalanczy offers a lively look at the instrument’s film legacy from the early days of “talking pictures” to the present!
Features and Departments
- The Strange Case of Tiny Tim: this unusual uke-playing character became a sensation in the late ‘60s. But did his popularity help or hurt the instrument he loved so much?
- Ukulelezaza: a profile of the one of Europe’s leading players and educators Dutch-born Remco Houtman-Janssen whose nom-de-uke is Ukulelezaza
- Harlan Howard: Three Chords and the Truth: Jim D’ville looks into the writing style of the great songwriter, whose hits include “I Fall to Pieces,” “Heartaches By the Number,” “Everglades” and more.
- Daniel Ward on Flatpicking Uke: a detailed lesson on ways to use a pick, with musical examples
- Also: Aaron Keim on building a uke for his partner; National Resophonic Ukes; reviews of new ukuleles from Breedlove and Orangewood; ukulele album releases, and lots more!
- Advertising reservations due by November 22, 2019
- Advertising materials due by November 27, 2019
- Issue on sale January 21, 2020