**Drew Neerdaels Photo
Features and Departments:
- Victoria Vox: An interview with this popular fixture on the U.S. uke scene. She’s just released her most ambitious album yet, called Nirvana in REM.
- Aunty Genoa Keawe (1918-2008): An in-depth profile of one of the most popular and influential singers and ukulele players of the 20th century, whose career spanned 60 years. Quotes from her son Eric (who played in her band for a number of years) and her granddaughter Pomaika’i Keawe Lyman, who is carrying on her legacy (and will be highlighted in a shorter story following the article on Genoa Keawe).
- Angela Denise Davis: Atlanta-based uke instructor is arranging African American spirituals for ukulele ensembles
- Bob’s Your Uncle: Profile of long-standing Nashville acoustic band led by ukuleles
- Dreams of Paradise: A colorful Sandor Nagyszalanczy photo essay of ukes decorated (painted, stenciled, decaled) to convey tropical themes: palm trees, beaches, hula girls, etc.
- Classical Uke Lesson: Samantha Muir teaches an etude by classical guitar composer Fernando Sor.
- Blues Uke Lesson: An exclusive excerpt from Lil’ Rev’s new Blue Arpeggios book.
- Song to Play: Irving Berlin’s “Blue Skies,” a classic from the Great American Songbook.
- Great Ukes: Early Hawaiian master craftsman Jonah Kumalae.
- Album reviews, Uke Tales, more cool stuff!
- Advertising reservations due March 18, 2022
- Advertising materials due by March 25, 2022
- Issue on sale May 17, 2022