**Features Holiday Shopping Guide!**
Special Focus: Next-Generation Fingerstyle Artists
A fresh crop of young fingerstyle guitarists—Christie Lenée, Brooks Robertson, Daniel Bachman, Sarah Louise, and Gwenifer Raymond—share their many and varied inspirations and techniques and talk about their gear. Includes exclusive videos, as well as standard notation and tablature.
Features and Departments
- Guitar Talk: guitarist, songwriter, and record producer John Leventhal discusses his go-to acoustics, his Grammy winning career, and his latest project with his wife and musical partner, Roseanne Cash
- Eric Clapton Unplugged: Learn some of Clapton’s most intriguing acoustic moves—sophisticated chord shapes, rollicking rhythms, sinuous solo lines, and more.
- Rory Block: The “blues empress” on her attraction to slide guitar, her beloved signature model Martins, and her new “Power Women of the Blues” project
- Woodshed: Fingerstyle ragtime and blues ace Mary Flower teaches her song “The Liberal Rag”
- Roots & Blues Fingerstyle Guitar Explorations: A sneak-preview excerpt from Steve James’ forthcoming book
- Weekly Workout: Fingerpicking in DADGAD
- The Basics: The second in a two-part lesson on scale construction
- Ask the Expert: Mamie Minch offers tips on what you can do if you experience a sudden change in string height
- Makers & Shakers: Bedell/Breedlove/Two Old Hippies founder Tom Bedell talks shop
- Songs: Eric Clapton’s “Layla,” “B.B” (a new composition by Nathan Salsburg), and a fingerstyle arrangement of the gospel hymn “It Is Well With My Soul”
- New Gear: Cort CJ-Retro Jumbo Acoustic-Electric, Orange Acoustic Pre stereo valve acoustic preamp/active DI, Art & Lutherie Roadhouse Denim Blue Q-Discrete, and more
- Mixed Media: Reviews of new releases from Mark Vickness, Cecilia Zabala, and Ahi, and more!
- Advertising reservations due by August 10, 2018
- Advertising materials due by August 17, 2018
- Issue on sale October 2, 2018
*subject to change