Coming In The July 2017 Issue Of Drum
***This issue will receive bonus distribution at the Summer NAMM Show!***
On The Cover: Virgil Donati
The dazzling Australian virtuoso is poised to release the debut album from his latest project, Icefish — a prog trio with no shortage of chops and technical trickery. We also get studio details from Icefish’s keyboardist/engineer Alex Argento and a perspective from Donati’s longtime creative collaborator, guitarist Allan Holdsworth.
- 2017 Cymbal Gear Guide: Our popular Gear Guide series continues with a thorough overview of the newest bronze beauties introduced in 2017, grouped into common-sense categories, and fleshed out with specs, photos, pricing, and expert commentary.
- Steve Ferrone’s Top Five Petty Moments: It’s been a long and satisfying road since Ferrone joined Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers in 1994. He shares his favorite Heartbreaker memories from the stage and studio.
- How To Transcribe Drum Parts: Our crackerjack transcriber Andy Ziker shares his best tips and secret shortcuts to help readers create accurate transcriptions of their heroes’ drum parts.
- The Genius Of Tony Williams: In the memory of the late innovator, on the 20th anniversary of his untimely passing at age 54, we transcribe and analyze 14 highlights from Williams’ vast and diverse body of work.
- Adam Rudolph: We sit down with percussionist, hand drummer, and rhythm composer Adam Rudolph to get insight into the making of Glare Of The Tiger, the first release by Adam Rudolph’s Moving Pictures in more than five years.
- 10 Things To Do With Your First E-Kit: Most modern electronic drum sets are designed to make setup easy and quick for first-timers — but what next? Norman Weinberg leads them down the path to digital nirvana.
- Rian Dawson of All Time Low
- Kate Gentile of Mannequins
- New Grestch Artist Snare Drums
- Paiste 900 Series Cymbals
- Advertising reservations due by April 21, 2017
- Advertising materials due by April 28, 2017
- Issue on sale June 13, 2017