Coming In The September 2017 Issue Of Drum
On The Cover: Ben Thatcher of Royal Blood
This latest indie rock duo set fire to the airwaves with the release of their eponymous 2014 debut album. We find out how the British drummer approached the band’s sophomore release, How Did We Get So Dark?
- Stanton Moore’s Homage To Home: Learn all the details about Moore’s latest album With You In Mind, an all-star tribute to the late New Orleans producer/songwriter/pianist/singer Allen Toussaint, featuring a who’s who of New Orleans’ living legends.
- The Ergonomics Of Drumming: Drummers need to heed these sage words advice on how to set up a drum kit for maximum performance and minimum discomfort, or else pay a price in aches and pains down the road.
- 2017 Sticks & Heads Gear Guide: Our popular Gear Guide series continues with a thorough overview of the newest sticks and heads introduced in 2017, grouped into common-sense categories, and fleshed out with specs, photos, pricing, and expert commentary.
- Adding Latin To Your Pop: It might not be obvious to untrained ears, but you can spice up even the most basic backbeats by applying some time-tested traditions borrowed from Latin rhythms.
- Chris Dingman: We profile one of the most celebrated composers and sought-after vibraphonists of his generation, hailed by the New York Times as a “dazzling” soloist and composer with a “fondness for airtight logic and burnished lyricism.”
- Easy Does It: The methods you use to make a mix sound great can be ruinous if you overdo them. In this article, we’ll look at some key mixing tools and techniques, and talk about how to — and how not to — apply them.
- Daxx Neilsen of Cheap Trick
- Anthony “Abaddon” Bray of Venom
- A&F Drums
- Carolina Snares
- Sabian Artisan Elite Cymbals
- Advertising reservations due by June 30, 2017
- Advertising materials due by July 7, 2017
- Issue on sale August 8, 2017