On the Cover
Taimane Gardner: Hawaiian prodigy expands uke horizons.
Focus: Hawaii and the Roots of Ukulele
- The Four K’s: An overview of the major Hawaiian uke builders.
- Five up-and-coming Hawaiian ukers.
- Five classic Hawaiian albums.
Features and Departments
- Mario Maccaferri: Maker of popular plastic Islander ukes from the 1950s.
- Photo Essay: The West Coast Ukulele Retreat.
- Preview of the Yasui Ukulele Concerto.
- Why I Uke: John Driskell Hopkins of the Zac Brown Band.
- Gods of Uke: Lyle Ritz, influential jazz uke player.
- Mixed Media: Kimo Hussey, Bryan Tolentino & Herb Ohta Jr., Gerald Ross.
- Gear Reviews: KoAloha Naupaka Soprano and Tenor, Ohana OBU-22 Uke Bass, Deering Goodtime Banjo Uke.
- Advertising reservations due by May 29, 2015
- Advertising materials due by June 5, 2015
- Issue on sale July 21, 2015
**for more information, please contact Cindi Kazarian